1. Download the current version of nodejs based on the operating system from the following URL location.
2. Run the installer to install nodejs.
3. Go to the installation folder of nodejs. The default installation location is,” C:\Program Files\nodejs”. Type cmd to open command prompt.
4. Run the following command to check the current version installed nodejs.
5. Run the following command to check the installed version of Node Package Manager (npm).
6. Now, run the following command to install the latest version of angular.
npm install --global @angular/cli
You can check the installed version of angular by running the following command.
The following information will appear if angular 8 is installed properly.
7. Git tool is used for some required packages of angular app development. So download the git from the following URL location based on operating system.
8. After installing the git, run the following command to check the installed version of git tool.
9. Run the following commands to set email address and user’s name before creating any angular app.
git config --global user.email "firstname.lastname@example.org" git config --global user.name "Fahmida Yesmin"
10. Now, go the folder where you want to create the angular app from the command prompt. Here, d:\code\angular is selected for creating the app. Run the following command to create the angular app. Type ‘y’ to start creating the project folder.
ng new angapp
11. The following information will appear if the app creation process is completed successfully.
12. Go to the app folder and run the following command to install bootstrap package for angualar app.
cd angapp npm install bootstrap
13. You have to attach the bootstrap with the app. Open the style.css file from the location, src/style.css and add the following line. Save the file.
14. Now, you can start the server from the project folder by running the following command to check the app is working properly or not. Here the server will run at port, 5000.
ng serve --port 5000 --open
The following output will appear if the app is running properly from the local server.
Your angular app is now ready to work. you can now create necessary files and folders in the src folder, and test the output.
You can see the steps in the following video link.
CRUD tutorial on Angular 8 is given below.