Laravel is a very popular PHP framework to develop different types of web applications. The Linux users require to install some packages before creating a new Laravel project. The way of creating the Laravel project on the Ubuntu operating system has been shown in this tutorial. Follow the following steps to install Laravel 9 on Ubuntu.
You have to install apache2, mysql-server, mysql-client and PHP before starting the steps of this tutorial.
1. Run the following command to update the system.
$ sudo apt update
2. Run the following command to download the composer that will be used to install Laravel.
$ wget -O composer-setup.php https://getcomposer.org/installer
3. Run the following commands to install the composer.
$ sudo php composer-setup.php --install-dir=/usr/local/bin –filename=composer $ sudo apt install composer
4. Run the following command to install necessary PHP packages. You have to check the ilocalhost:nstalled PHP version and use your PHP version number for installing php-curl package.
$ sudo apt-get install php-xml php-mbstring php8.0-curl
5. Run the following command to update composer.
$ composer update
6. Run the following command to check the installed version of the composer.
$ composer --version
7. Run the following command to create a laravel project named test
composer create-project laravel/laravel test
8. Go to the project folder
$ cd test
7. Run the Laravel development server
$ php artisan serve
8. Open the following URL from the browser.