You can use Ubuntu inside Windows operating system in different ways. Most common way to install virtual box and install and run the Ubuntu using virtual box. But the computer works very slowly if the configuration of the computer is low when you will run Ubuntu using virtual box. Using Ubuntu app is the alternative way of using Ubuntu inside Windows 10. Many types of Ubuntu app are available in Windows 10. The way to install and use Ubuntu terminal using Ubuntu app has shown in this tutorial.
Ubuntu terminal Installation:
1. Enable the Windows Subsystem Linux (WSL) by executing the following command from the command prompt.
dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux /all /norestart
2. Restart the computer.
3. Open Microsoft Store and search for Ubuntu app. Select the app and download the app to install it in Windows 10.
4. Open the app after completing the installation.
Ubuntu Desktop Installation:
1. Run the following commands to install Ubuntu Mate Desktop using tasksel.
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install tasksel
$ sudo tasksel install ubuntu-mate-desktop
2. Download the xming server from the following link.
3. Open Ubuntu terminal from Ubuntu app
4. Run the following commands from the terminal.
$ export DISPLAY=:0
$ export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
5. Open XLaunch and Select One window option and click on Next button.
6. Click on Start no client and click Next button.
7. Click Next and Finish Button.
8. Run the following command from the terminal to load Ubuntu Mate Desktop on Xming server.
8. Wait for Ubuntu Mate Desktop to load.
The above steps will be shown in a video soon.